Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We spent a great Thanksgiving holiday in Charlotte with the Eriksen clan. We had tons of fun being together, so
here are some of the highlights, mixed in with things I am thankful for.

Gillian had her first chance to make a gingerbread house. Her dad was the engineer, a master at frosting, Gillian was supposed to be the decorator...


Needless to say, she ate more of the decorations then she actually put on her house. I think as a result she enjoyed the whole process from the first marshmallow to the last jellybean. Which leads into one of the things I am most thankful for: Gillian's cousins. She has two amazing cousins who love her, play with her, and teach her all things kid. I loved growing up with cousins, and I am truly thankful that G has cousins to travel through life with as well. They had a great time making gingerbread houses too (in tutus no less!).


We also celebrated Christmas while we were in Charlotte since we won't all be together this year. The girls yelped with delight at their gifts. There were toy kitchens, toy farms, dolls, scooters, and even chairs. But this was my favorite moment...

Which brings me to something else I am incredibly thankful for, being a Mom and an Aunt. What an amazing gift to have these sweet girls in my life. They bring such joy and passion to everything, I am honored to be a part of their lives.

Family is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment