Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The start of family traditions!

I could not be any more excited about the Christmas season! It's a hostesses dream come true. Reasons to host tea parties, be crafty, and bake abound. I have more fun projects going on right now than ever before (that might have something to do with the fact that I'm not working too). But this year, I am having the most fun exposing Gillian to everything fun about the holiday season. We have already spent time baking together, our playgroup tomorrow is all about Christmas crafts, and I have planned several other holiday adventures, but none more exciting than picking out our first Christmas tree! We didn't get one last year with the chaos of being fairly new parents with both of us working, so this year I couldn't wait. We went to the Christmas tree lot and picked out the perfect tree. (Never mind the fact that G had more fun playing in the mud than looking at trees.)



















Decorating the tree came next of course, and this might be my favorite Christmas tradition of all. Nothing was more important about decorating the tree growing up than putting on the angel, and it was a big deal - worth fighting about - who put the angel on top of the tree. So this year it was special. Not only do I now have the perfect angel tree topper thanks to my own crafty mother, but I got to put the angel on top of the tree with my daughter. So awesome!

While Gillian had fun putting on ornaments, I mean eating ornaments - I think I probably had the most fun of all - and what's wrong with that. Someone has to love traditions to keep them alive.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure G will share your same excitement one day! I can just picture you getting all excited, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I miss that house...and the people in it! Hope you guys are well!

    ReplyDelete