Thursday, January 5, 2012

Charleston Getaway

Rusty and I had a grand escape for two days in Charleston right before New Years. Janie watched Gillian for us, which was such a treat. While I love being a mother, and missed Gillian despite only being gone two days, it was so nice to be able to spend time with just Rusty. We ate amazing food (Jestine's, SNOB & Hominy Grill were to die for!), took a boat tour to Fort Sumter (as seen behind me), visited Boone Hall Plantation, and shopped on King Street.


We also enjoyed simply walking downtown and along the Battery looking at all the amazing houses.
What a great town, steep
ed in history. While I was expecting a lot of discussion about slavery and plantation life and the Civil War, I was pleasantly surprised by how much mention there was of the Revolutionary War role the city played. The history buff in us both immensely enjoyed the experience.



We also stayed in the King George IV Bed and Breakfast (as modeled by Rusty) right downtown in one of the historic traditional style houses! We had our own parlor and balcony with our room - I felt like Southern royalty.


1 comment: